Saturday, July 11, 2009

Watermelon Unit

My son and I once did a Watermelon Unit in homeschooling.
I made a Delicious Choices cheesecake. This was a company that used to sell vegan cheesecakes online. We occasionally ordered them. Tornado and I would both be so giddy, receiving a cheesecake on our doorstep. We'd immediately start digging in (no plates, just our own forks).

Sadly, they stopped selling them, but for awhile, they sold the recipes online, which Ryan bought for me one Christmas.

It seems the website is no longer valid, but here is a link to the recipes. I covered half of it in strawberry sauce and added chocolate chip "seeds."


We also ate - what else - watermelon, both red and yellow, at the party.

Decorations included green streamer vines hanging from the ceiling and red watermelon balloons with seeds drawn on them. Aren't my big boys so little?

At our next watermelon party, I would make a veganized version of these Watermelon Sherbert Smoothies. I had saved this picture from Family Fun magazine.


Mmm. I think I'm going to go eat some watermelon.

This is an edited/shortened version of a watermelon post I did on my homeschooling blog.

4 comments:

  1. Cute, you guys are just like Rachel and Chandler with the cheesecake. I think you also were like that with...donuts? Well, probably any vegan treat.
    I love all of your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you.
    please.
    just.
    stop?!

    (By the way, I have some of those very same ideas in a Watermelon file, which I had pulled two months ago with lofty plans to do a unit study with my own grumbly homeschoolers. Of course, I've done not a thing with it! And summer's end is fast approaching.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gauri Radha गौरी राधाJune 17, 2011 at 6:30 PM

    Another fabulous looking vegan cheesecake!!

    ReplyDelete